In this online workshop Migration Policy Scotland brings together a panel of experts to discuss the policy-related issues surrounding migration into rural parts of Scotland.
- What are current policy concerns and priorities regarding rural populations?
- What are the challenges in attracting and retaining rural populations?
- What is the future of policy for Scotland’s rural populations?
The Rural Living Project: Dr Emilia Pietka-Nykaza & Helen Baillot
Following the initial panel discussion, Dr Emilia Pietka-Nykaza presents the findings from her exploratory study the ‘Rural Living Project’ (October 2021 – April 2022). The study captures the experiences of diverse rural stayers in the Scottish Highlands and the ways in which they contribute to rural place-making and community living.
The workshop ends with a facilitated discussion session for participants.
- Dr Emilia Pietka-Nykaza, Rural Living Project, University of the West of Scotland
- Mike Andrews, Population and Migration Division, Scottish Government
- Dr Ruth Wilson, James Hutton Institute
- Jane Atterton, Rural Policy Centre, SRUC
- Catherine MacNeil, Highlands and Islands Enterprise
We hope you can join us!
We are sorry you missed this event – a blog post, recording and presentations are currently stillavailable
Don’t miss another MPS event – sign up to our Monthly Updates.